Shipping, Returns and Warranty
We offer Free Curbside Shipping on most orders over $99 to the continental U.S. On orders $99 and under, a flat rate of $9.99 will be charged.
Some oversized items ship Back-of-Truck. This means the customer must provide a forklift or similar to unload the item from the truck. This is noted in the Description of all products this applies to.
Please be aware that Curbside Shipping means the shipping carrier will deliver to the curb. You need to arrange for the item to be transported to your backyard o wherever you wish to place it. Generally, we have found out that nothing beats manpower and a wheelbarrow. This service does not include set-up or assembly of items or removal of packaging materials.
Sometimes shipping carriers will charge extra for deliveries to remote or hard-to-reach areas. If this were the case, we will contact you before shipping your order.
Threshold Delivery Service is available for a charge on most items, which you can purchase on the product's page. This delivery upgrade means the carrier will place the item as close as possible to a front door or gate, or in a garage - as long as there aren't any narrow passageways, steps or inclines, up or down. This upgrade does not include unpacking, removal of packing materials or set up. If at time of delivery, the carrier, for any reason, deems it impossible to transport the item to the home's first covered area, we will refund the charge to your credit card.
White-Glove Service has been discontinued by most carriers due to Covid. If you'd rather not deal with the hassle, White-Glove Delivery Service is available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for rates, as they will vary depending on item size, weight, delivery address and other special circumstances. This service can generally include unpacking, inspection, removal/disposal of packing materials, transporting your order up or down a maximum of 2 flights of stairs and setting up merchandise in the spot of your choice.
As soon as you make your purchaser you will receive a confirmation email. This means that we have received your order, pre-authorized your credit card and reached out to our supplier to process the order.
This email will include all pertinent shipping information:
If it is a made-to-order or custom product, the lead time (how long the manufacturer takes to make and ship the item) as stated in the Product Page and when can you expect delivery.
If it is an in-stock item and available for immediate shipment (within 7 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment and let you know an ETA for your purchase.
Please be aware that if you order includes both in-stock and made-to-order/custom items, the entire order will ship together when all products are ready.
If an item is on back order or otherwise unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you and present you with all available options.
We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the manufacturer's warehouse to the email address you provided when checking out.
Steps to take at the time of delivery to protect against loss:
- Carefully Examine Each Package For Damage - If damage is visible, note this fact on the delivery receipt and have the driver clearly note it on your copy. Take pictures. If the box/crate has the appearance that the contents may possibly be damaged, insist that it be opened right at that time. Both you and the driver should make joint inspections of the contents. Any concealed damage discovered should be photographed and noted on the delivery receipt and on your copy.
- Note Any Damage On Delivery Receipt – If the package is even slightly damaged, note that fact on the delivery receipt. The driver should not be given a clear delivery receipt (one signed without exception) if there is the slightest crush, crease, scuff, or puncture on any carton. It is vital that you note the condition of any bruised or damaged packages – such as “slight crush, top right corner” – on both copies of the delivery receipt. Be as clear and detailed as possible. If the driver uses an electronic receiving device and you identify possible damage, ask the driver to make a notation on the device of the damage and ask for an “exception number”. This number is your proof that there is visible or possible concealed freight damage on your shipment.
- Immediately After Delivery, Open All Packages and Inspect For Concealed Damage - Even though the driver has left, all packages should immediately be opened and the contents inspected for possible concealed damage.
Steps To Take When Visible Or Concealed Damage is Discovered:
If once you open the package you find out the unit is damaged (cracked, chipped, scratched, gauged, broken, etc.) please take as many photos as needed to document the damage (make sure to take photos up close and from some distance, so the entire unit shows) and contact us immediately.
Small chips and superficial scratches can usually be repaired with touch-up kits provided by the manufacturer and sent to you at no cost. Once you contact us and send us pictures, we can assess if this is the case.
If the unit is badly damaged and the delivery truck is still there, please remove and keep any components (burner, pan, hoses, lava rock, etc.) that have not been damaged, refuse delivery and make a note of that on the document.
If you made any notes on the document you signed, please take a photo of that too.
If there is no damage to the unit, but you find there are parts missing, please contact us as soon as possible.
Please be aware that carriers/manufacturers require damage or missing items be reported within 48 hours of delivery or they will refuse responsibility, and that failure to make note of damage/suspected damage on the Delivery Receipt will result in the denial of a claim.
- Notify us immediately – Contact us at once at customer email@example.com and we will proceed to contact the carrier to report damage and request inspection. Damage not reported within 48 hours of delivery will result in the claim being denied. Be sure to retain a copy of your email for your claim records.
- Have Damaged Items In Unpacking Area – Make certain the damaged items have not been moved from the unpacking area where the damage was discovered. Allow inspector to inspect damaged items, cartons, inner packing materials, and freight bill. Be sure to retain your deliver receipt, it will be needed as a supporting document when the claim is filed.
- After Inspector Fills Out Inspection Report, Carefully Read it Before Signing – If you do not agree with any of the facts or conclusions made by the inspector on the report, do not sign it and call us immediately at (888) 664-4174. In the inspection report, the inspector will assess if the item can be satisfactorily repaired of if it must be replaced with a new item. A new item can be ordered only if the inspection report specified “REPLACE.”
Failure of Carrier to Make An Inspection:
- Generally a carrier, when requested to do so, will conduct and inspection of damaged goods. However, at its discretion, it may waive inspection. If it fails to make an inspection within 5 business days of the damage being reported, you should conduct your own inspection. Take as many photographs as necessary and describe clearly and in detail any and all damage discovered.
- Forward a Copy of the Inspection Report – Send a copy of the inspection report (the carrier’s report or yours) and the delivery receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately for us to proceed with the claim. This must be done within 10 business days from delivery. The carrier has 120 days from the date of receipt of your claim to make settlement on interstate claims. Don’t delay us filing a claim awaiting a tardy inspection.
Steps To Take After Inspection Has Been Made
- Continue to Retain Damaged Merchandise – Even though inspection has been completed, damaged items cannot be used or disposed of without written permission from us.
- Do Not Return Damaged Items to Shipper – The return of such items should not be made without written authorization from us.
- Secure Receipt From Carrier If Damaged Items – If you surrender damaged merchandise to a carrier for salvage because it is valueless to you, be sure to secure a receipt from the driver when it is picked up. Retain that receipt.
Because we support your right to change your mind, same-day cancellations incur in no penalties. After that, orders that have not shipped are subject to a 25% administration fee. There are no cancellations on orders that have already shipped, and custom and made-to-order products that have gone into production. To cancel an order please email us at email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with your product you may return it for a partial refund (see conditions below).
To qualify for a return please note the following:
- Product must be clean, unused and in its original packaging.
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Items must be sent within 5 days from delivery.
- Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card used when placing the order.
- There is a 25% restocking fee.
There are no returns on:
- Custom products.
- Made-to-Order products.
- Used products.
- Products without original packaging.
- Products on sale.
You must have a Return Authorization Number (RAN) to qualify for a return:
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a RAN and a return address. Returns may not be sent to our corporate address.
All products carry a 1 year warranty provided by the manufacturer against manufacturing defects (unless a different term is stated on an item's Product Page), provided the product has not been modified, abused, misused, improperly installed, maintained, and/or repaired during such period.
The manufacturer, at its discretion, will either repair or replace the defective product. Manufacturers require that "reasonable steps" have been made on-site to resolve an issue before replacing an item. These include the use of Repair kits and Touch-Up kits, and the installation of replacement parts provided by them.
Natural aging of finishes will occur. These changes over time are not considered defects. Concrete products often times present "worm holes", gaps and voids created by air bubbles in the material. This is normal and expected.